Monday, August 12, 2013

Strictly Business

What a busy few days! So let's see, I got to Beijing on Saturday, and now it's Tuesday. So far I've been into the city 3 times, met about a million people, and really had a great time so far. Let me start with my flight.

I flew standby. What that means is that because my aunt works for United Airlines, she can give out "buddy passes." I used a buddy pass. What those are is basically that you can get any flight for super cheap, BUT! you can only fly if the plane has room. Usually it works out pretty well. For me, it was close.

There I was, sitting at gate G97 at San Francisco International Airport, waiting to see how full the flight was. A group of about 600,000 junior highers (yes, I'm exaggerating) came into the gate and then I started getting worried. The ladies at the desk kept telling me to wait, so I waited. When I had lost all hope at 11:40 (the flight left at 11:55), one of the attendants frantically searched her computer, found someone that could be upgraded to First Class, which therefore meant that I could be put into Business First! HAHA! So what a deal right? I rushed onboard, gave this gentleman the good news, and clipped in my seatbelt. I sat next to a very angry-looking Chinese woman. I think she hated me. The only time she cracked a smile was when we flew into Beijing and I opened my window and said to her, "that's not fog is it?" I'm a country boy, what can I say? I'm used to clean air, and if it looks misty, I'll assume that it's fog.

The Lord was faithful in getting me this job, getting me a church (which I went to on Sunday), getting me a place to stay with my aunt, and now He's been faithful in the actual doing of getting me here. Since I've been here, He's been faithful in many other ways, because God doesn't fool around in doing His children good. He's strictly business. "All things work together for good for those who love God and who are called according to His purpose," as Romans 8:28 says. That means that even that Chinese woman who hates happy American boys like me was placed in my life for my good. And she was! That cute grin that showed all three of her teeth brightened my day.

Well, I'm about to start my second day of work so you have to wait to hear more about what I've been up to since being here! More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it! Was starting to wonder when I didn't hear from you! Enjoy the Beijing fog... ;)

    And don't forget to give your sister a skype soon!

    ReplyDelete